13/03/2015

Magazine racks

Its that time of the year again where you find all of those Christmas magazines that you kept for the odd baking recipe or the Christmas day outfit you wanted; you're at that stage where you attempt to figure out which ones you're going to keep even though they're out of date. Victoria Beckham is on the front cover, creating another reason to why you should keep it.

Well, I have found the solution.

You're probably wondering why I am posting this- it isn't like my usual posts at all? But I am just mixing it up a bit, sharing my opinions, thoughts and feelings with my readers through all fashion related topics-other than just discussing my daily ootd.

Magazine racks to me are either a significant yes, or a blunt no. They can look untidy, scruffy, and they everyone is able to see what types of style you read and, well that can be a bit personal for some reason. However, at the same I love magazine racks! They're handy pieces of furniture that don't take up huge amounts of space (depending on your choice of style) and they can be very organisational. And I love organisational!

You can get desk holders, like the one shown below, or free-standing ones that look create in the corner-mainly to make the room look less boring in that area. My favourite- wall mounted magazine racks. If I could I would hang everything off the wall: mirrors to shelves to TV's to clothes and shoes, I would rather have the floor space and have the rest hanging from nails.
Magazine Racks









standing magazine racks













magazine racks




















This post also motivates me to re-decorate. Refurbish the place before Tom comes back from university and that way it makes it look nice and different, as if a lot of stuff has happened whilst he's been away - it really hasn't, my time consists of revision with chocolate in front of the TV (its what you call 'living the high life') - anyway... I have so many ideas about how I could re-decorate my room! SO many inspirational Tumblr photos and so many over Instagram, in face I recently re-gramed a photo of Sarah Ashcroft's room- it is amazing. There was so much going out; clothes and shoes on railings on the walls, photo frames up, mirrors. The lot. I envy that.
 
My first new change will be to conquer the magazines; its a small job, but finding the perfect furniture is more demanding. I have hundreds of magazines that I use for blog inspiration as well as deciding what type of clothing I should buy next. As we've only just started the new year, its pretty self-explanatory that the majority are 2014 issues, that means I better get in touch with my organiser-side.
 
Make sure to share your bedroom/magazine rack designs with me, I have a feeling it will take me a while to decide on a bedroom-theme.
 
Maeve xox

No comments:

Post a Comment