09/06/2015

Casual but Chic

On the cloudy days i like to wear casual, but cute things that don't make me look as if i live on a wintery planet nor that i am stupid enough not to know the difference between cold and hot. By wearing a thin white shirt over leggings for example (or look below), you can be warm but allow the suns rays in with a plain top. I was actually going for a driving lesson just after these snaps were taken and so it was the only reason i got dressed (bare in mind this was pm)...oops. 

I also wore a knitted cardigan which was a lot thicker than my shirt so compensated for the thinness if it got colder, however it did not get colder and is certainly a bad idea when the sun shines and you're stuck in a car for 2 hours - you will get very over heated!












































The reason I have zoomed in on the picture above is to demonstrate how you can wear a formal top and make it casual; whilst also looking rather chic! I love collars on top and making them stand out so by folding the collar slightly over my cardigan it put emphasis on my shirt however didn't look weirdly smart with such a casual cardigan and leggings combination.

Maeve xox

No comments:

Post a Comment