09/04/2016

Exam season // Subject decisions ...

How is it 31st March already? It really is spring now, but...how?

This year is such a big year, full of huge, serious decisions and things that I have to do in order to start the next part of my life. University is on the cards, but remembering that key process of ''passing your exams first'' makes the process even more scary.

If you're lucky enough not to worry with exams, to know in yourself that you have studied enough and that you have tried hard enough then, congratulations to you my friend! Because that is the feeling that I want just before entering the exam hall...not that it will ever happen.

Exams are the bane of my life, seriously I hate them! They're basically just memory tests; without remembering all the possible information that could be in the paper you will not pass. End of. 

As you probably already know I chose Paychology, Btec Sport and English Lang&Lit for my A Levels. Why you ask?  

I have no idea. 

Paychology is super interesting (the second year is better than the first), but overal the course is interesting and very challenging which is nice, so that you can text your abilities! The exams however, are challenging on a whole new level which I do not enjoy. Although, I would definitely reccomend choosing it as a subject. 

Btec Sport...well...you couldn't pick an easier subject I don't think! Whether you play in all the sports teams or not, enjoy sport or not, it's an easy course that allows you to get heavy loaded coursework done to a deadline (learning ahead for uni life you see). For me, coursework is great as it illuminates all exam situations, but if you are someone that cannot write masses about one thing/ basically doesn't like coursework  then this isn't the course for you. 

Finally, Eng Lang&Lit is a lovely subject that has a mixture of different types of English allowing you to get a feel of both sides. This year were studying an Anthology of texts that are all of different forms; it's nice to learn these - especially wanting to be a journalist - as then I get used to the different writing forms/platforms that could give me more ways to write and reach my audiences.

The books I am studying this year are 'The Room With A View' - which is a great book! I am never really thrilled by books chosen in school because they're 99% of the time awful! But this is a great book! We're also studying a book full of shorter stories written by Angela Carter who took fairytales and dramatically changed them to suit her views/lifestyle/ opinions. Some are creepy, twisted and a little concerning, but at the same time you cannot stop reading because you just have to know how she has transformed the story. 

I would 100% reccomend taking this subject as, if you're like me and do not enjoy a mass of reading and studying book then it is a perfect course for you!   

I chose this very odd mixture of subjects because I (basically) enjoyed the difference in subject types, such as the coursework based sport course in comparison to an analytical English course. 

It is all about personal preference when it comes to college because even though it's only 2years, this will be a very long 2 years if you do not enjoy your courses. 

I hope his has been helpful if you're stuck choosing courses as you're unsure what they're like. I know how this feels! Any questions don't hesitate to leave them below. 

Maeve xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment