- Firstly, it sounds cliché but if I'm honest - it' true. I want to be more positive this year. With EVERYTHING. I feel like my 2016 flew by in both a positive and negative way because, yes it involved great opportunities that have changed my life but I wonder, if I had been more positive would more positive things have happened? I don't like feeling regretful. I don't know anyone who would enjoy that feeling to be honest. That is why I want to start my 2017 off with a huge smile, feeling positive, ready to see what the days have in store for me.
2. With this in mind, I also want to be more motivated with work; that includes blogging and university. I wouldn't say I was extremely unmotivated in 2016, but when I felt unmotivated completing work would be like getting blood from a stone - impossible. Therefore, I strive to blog daily! Yes I said daily (starting Jan 10th 2017)! Because, why not? It takes 1-3 hours tops to write a decent blog post; that leaves 10 hours left of the day to do what I want (well, go to uni and do that work). Plus other people do it, so why can't I?
3. FITNESS / SUMMER BODY / HEALTHY LIFESTYLE and all that jazz. Yes another thing I struggle to keep to (the first being daily blogging). I am a very active person, and those who know me will know that for the past 4/5 years, from about year 10 - leaving college, I spent a lot of my time in the gym. I absolutely love it. It is the perfect place to unwind, release energy, relax (ish), and just concentrate on your own goals! Which is why this year I am going to concentrate heavily on my eating, exercising and lifestyle because it is important. Plus for someone who is very active but hasn't been to the gym since August 2016 (due to other commitments), stepping on the scales is practically impossible now.
4. LOVE EVERYONE. Ok not necessarily everyone, but I want to make sure that I keep my loved ones close this year because 2016 created a split between my family for a little while, and I hate that. Although that has all passed now, (we get along perfectly again now!) I don't feel great looking back at those times and remembering how it made us all feel. Therefore, when 2018 (sorry!) occurs I want to make sure that I have nothing regretful to look back upon.
5. Finally, it is extremely important to take every opportunity as and when it comes because you do not want to feel regretful about leaving behind those shoes, or that bag, or for not accepting that job offer! Do you? As I live in London now, I want to make sure that I am getting as much experience as possible that will aid towards my future. I want to be a Fashion Journalist, so in order to broaden my abilities and 'get my foot in the door' I want to adventure out more, contact more people, speak to more people and really try and understand what the real world of Fashion Journalism has to offer!
Some odd images here, I know! But they all show something, and its just a little way to show what I'm jabbering on about. I hope you're feeling just as positive about the year of 2017 - let's make it a big one!
Instagram: @maeve_jarret
Twitter: @MaevesFashion
Maeve xox





No comments:
Post a Comment