AFTERNOON GUYS!
How was your weekend? Because mine was so fun!! Sorry to be selfish here, but for today's post I am going to be talking about the first Blogger Event I attended on Saturday! I learnt lots of tips and tricks to the blogger world, as well as how to work with brands and PR companies! Advice was given from great people, such as:
- Leah
and so many other inspirational people! Keep reading to see what I wore and what my overall feelings are about the event (if I'm honest, I documented most of it on my Snapchat (maeve.x) so if you followed me on there you would have seen even more stuff!)
These amazing flowers are from Al Rouge who displayed a beautiful rose wall for you to take photos against, and even helped my dreams come true for 5 minutes! I finally had myself a box of roses, how gorgeous are they! And they're such a great price. Head over to their site now to see.
Details:
Jacket: Newlook Mens denim jacket*
Shoes: Bershka sock boots*
*similar items linked
Details:
Eyes: Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave Palette // Primark 'natural' Lashes
Face: Sleek Makeup Illuminator / Rimmel London Lasting Finish Foundation / Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder / MUA Loose Powder / Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer/ Benefit Hoola Bronzer / Sleek Makeup Blush Palette* / Sleek Makeup Solstice Highlighter Palette /
Lips: Bourjois lipstick - 03*
Jewellery: Custom made
*similar items linked
Granted I don't have a lot to share with you today guys & I'm sorry! But I basically wanted to share with you my outfit and makeup details as well as my overal thoughts about the event...which are...
How did you find your first blogger event?
Firstly, I found it super exciting even being invited to one because I don't have that many followers (by numbers), which made me think that I wouldn't be invited to these types of things, but I was! Yay!
Secondly, my 'mission' for the day was to meet new people and really get to know other bloggers and influencers; and that I did. I met great people who I'm sure I'll keep in contact with and hopefully see again soon at other events (hopefully!).
Lastly, as I was so unsure about what a 'blogger event' would entail I had nothing to compare my experience with, however after being told by multiple bloggers at the event that this type of event was more of a 'conference' than an 'event' just because of the amount of talks that were going on throughout the day. They said that at other events, you're told more about a specific item/product that is going to be launched (for example), therefore this was just one type of blogger event, meaning that I have a lot more to experience! As you can imagine this made me super happy because it made me wonder what the other type of blogger event - one where you are told about a specific product - is like, so hopefully I'll get to experience that one day.
This isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the Social City London x Huawei Partnership Event on Saturday as I most definitely did, specifically because it was great to hear raw advice from popular influencers, bloggers, youtubers, PR companies and other company founders because I enjoy hearing how people have succeeded in order for me to believe that I could also be just as successful. They shared great advice for bloggers in particular, what to post, how often to post, how to work with brands and so many other topics to do with blogging that will really help you up your game and find your 'thing'.
One rather important piece of advice I took from Saturday was to ''find your thing'' (sorry, I can't remember who specifically advised this) because once you do this, may it be your layout, type of blog, your theme, your platform; once you master your 'thing' you will be able to concentrate on that 'thing' and work and continue to develop it until it is exactly where you want it to be.
This is important to me because I have always thought that to be a 'good' blogger you have to master all platforms; be on every platforms in order to reach the biggest network (yes this is sometimes the case), but this is not always the case.
ALSO TO ALL OTHER ASPIRING BLOGGERS OUT THERE: NOW IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE. We were told specifically that this is the prime time to start your blog and even though a lot of people are doing it nowadays if you find your 'thing' and develop content that people and your followers want, and most importantly interact with your followers regularly then you will have no problem making your blog into whatever you want it to be.
I hope you enjoyed this post guys, and if you went to the event comment below or on my social media because it would be great to hear how you found the experience!
Instagram: @maeve_jarret
Twitter: @MaevesFashion
Snapchat: maeve.x
Maeve xox








No comments:
Post a Comment