Evening guys!
So, how gorgeous was the weather on Sunday? It was absolutely lush, and for some reason I chose to wear a fur jacket? I can't tell you why I did because I completely regretted the idea once we got outside, but we make sacrifices for fashion, right? Haha. I always have so much fun shooting with Thomas, I think it's because I feel so comfortable in front of the camera with him - I think that's really important for those of you that want to start shooting with someone: just make sure you're comfortable with the photographer, because then you have so much more fun!
Anyway, I'll leave that to another post. Today we're talking about the outfit you can see below, so if you're interested in finding out where these pieces are from and how else I think you can style a faux fur jacket in the spring months then just click below...
Details:
Jacket: ASOS Petite Fur coat*
Bodysuit: Newlook white bodysuit*
Sunnies: Vintage*
*similar items linked
SIMILAR FUR JACKETS:
I know it isn't exactly the weather for a fur jacket, but at the same time I think it is the perfect weather for it because there is now a tiny chance your jacket is going to be ruined in the rain! Saying this, Sunday was definitely not the right day to shoot this look as I was boiling, but as I said, these are the prices we pay for fashion, right? I think this outfit looks really good because I've got a lightweight pair of jeans on, a thin white bodysuit which has 3/4 length sleeves so if I took the jacket off I'd still be rather warm, and of course these gorgeous cut out/peep toe Bershka boots that sit just above the ankle (which I prefer) and leave your feet feeling fresh and airy, even in the blazing sunshine.
Another reason I think faux fur jackets are great in the spring is because they're gorgeous to throw on over jeans, as I have done, and floaty dresses for a day or night out. The jacket adds extra detail to simple, basic pieces and makes it look a bit more...extra! Throw one of these on whilst you're out for an evening stroll, or out for a cute spring dinner along the river because it can get chilly once the sun sets so it's nice to have a cover up (without sacrificing your legs with jeans in prep for when the sun does go!)
On this day in particular I could have left the house without a jacket because it was so nice, but you could also swap the faux fur for a kimono - I loved these last year - as they're super lightweight and scream summer vibes! I also could have worn a shearling jacket (if I had one) as they're short and even though they have thick, warm lining, it would have worked similarly to how the faux fur jacket did: kept me covered in the shade/ when the sun disappeared, added extra detail to my outfit, sat nicely on top of my lightweight clothing, and if taken off it wouldn't have left the outfit looking boring or plain, just simple, basic and casual.
MY FAVOURITE!
Remember: fashion is fun; wear what makes you happy!
I really hope you enjoyed this outfit post guys and that you loved how I styled this just as much as I did! As always you can chat to me on here or on my other social media pages to let me know your thoughts/comments and let me know what you think about faux fur jackets in Spring/Summer?!
Instagram: @maeve_jarret
Twitter: @MaevesFashion
Snapchat: maeve.x
Maeve xox


No comments:
Post a Comment