24/04/2017

EYEBROW ROUTINE (updated) | BEAUTY

HEY GUYS! 

Long time no...posts...I know! *crying emoji* But that was because I was enjoyed a much needed Easter break with my family at home in Cornwall, I call it a holiday when I go down now that I live in London - but at the same time, if you know my feelings about Cornwall then you'll also know it isn't my ideal place for a 'holiday'...but that's a different story.

As for today posts, I want to share with you my eyebrow 'routine' - an updated version - as I recently shared a little video on Instagram (if not view it here) of me doing them. I literally love the way my eyebrows look at the minute, I love a dark brow even though my hair is quite light. There is a fine line between dark brown and black however, so I do have to work with a light hand, especially at the front otherwise I'll look like...well I've used marker pen and not actual eyebrow products, we all know what I mean? 

The video is very self explanatory as to how I achieve my brows and you can see what techniques I use, but if you would like to read a more detailed, step by step talk-through of how I get these brows...

(I know my eyelash is coming away in the middle of my right eye, but I like these photos so it'll have to do!)


and (obviously) what products I'm using then just click below...



Here are the quick steps that I do to achieve my brows, so that you to take as much (or as little) from this routine as you would like to achieve your perfect brows too!

STEP ONE - BASE

Similarly, to my first Eyebrow Tutorial (read here), I still do my foundation before my brows and this is because I feel like the concealer/foundation that is in my brows helps the powder stick and even improves the pigment of the powders. I do it this way around especially when I'm going out because I ALWAYS do my eyes before anything else just in case I mess up on my eyeliner - which is ALWAYS - or if I get any fall out. I know in the video I was doing my eyebrows without any other makeup on, but the purpose of the video was to show you my eyebrow routine therefore without other makeup on, the main focus would be my brows. 

STEP TWO - BRUSH

I use my Sleek Makeup Brow Stylist to brush through my brows and make sure they're all sticking upwards.

STEP THREE - DRAW

Next, with the same product (but the other end) I underline my brows ever so lightly just so that there is a shape and it acts as a guide when I come to filling them in. This product is super creamy and easy to work with and because it is a crayon, if you make any mistakes it is easily cleaned up with a wipe or concealer (which I do later on)

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS GO BACK AND BRUSH THROUGH THE BROWS AFTER ANY PRODUCT IS PLACED ON THEM TO AVOID ANY BUILD UP

STEP FOUR - FILL

Then, I simply fill in my brows using the dark colour from the Chanel Brow Duo palette first - with an angled brush that I bought it from Savers, (I literally love it!) - starting in the middle and working towards the tail as this is where I want the darkest colour to lie. REMEMBER to keep brushing the brows. Then I grab some of the lighter colour and work from the middle towards the front, making sure the colours blend in the middle and once I get to the front, using a very VERY light hand, I brush upwards flicking VERY small amounts of product into my brows. I even like the very front of my brows to be clear of product so that they don't look too clumpy and thick. At the front, I brush the hairs once again to remove any excess product and this will also help blend the line that we drew earlier into our brows, especially at the very front where we haven't added any extra powder for the cream to blend into, as it'll just make the line look less extreme. 

STEP FIVE - CORRECT

Finally, I will use my MUA Cover & Conceal Concealer to carve my brows out and to hide any mistakes. I do this on the top (towards the tail) and bottom (from start to finish) of my brows, as you can see from the video, because I like them to look neat and tidy and also for the tail to be super pointy!

I'll be honest, my brows do not always turn out the same. Even when I do the same steps every single day, I don't know why but they don't! Haha. They're sisters not twins right?

There is not right or wrong way to do your brows, you do YOU. If you like doing them a way that is different to the next person's then so what? They're your brows so do what you want to them. I'll be even more honest, most days I love my brows but when I look back at photos I cannot believe what I did to them, haha, honestly nothing is perfect! Rememeber that, if anything.

I hope you liked this post guys! Check out the full video on my Instagram and let me know what you think! Also hit me up with some brow products that you think are good and I should try out, I'm dying to try some others out! Especially the Freedom brow pomade - is that any good? Let me know on here or on my other socials:

Instagram: @maeve_jarret
Twitter: @MaevesFashion
Snapchat: maeve.x 

Maeve xox

No comments:

Post a Comment