Evening guys, I'm sure you have seen this look all over my Instagram so this is the last I'll speak about it (for a while), but as this post ties in with the most recent video on my Instagram (view it here) I wanted to take this opportunity to explain this look a little more for you.
I wanted to talk about the 'steps' I went through to create this look along with all of the products I used and when I used them! PLUS I have a few photos from when I first created this look, because this purple smokey eye was actually a recreation of the initial look (which you may have seen earlier this year when I sported it for a night out with the girls at home).
So, if you would like to see how I created this look, then just click below!
Ok, to start this off I want to show you the before and after pictures of this makeup look. You will notice quite a few differences, in particularly the depth of colour used, the eyeliner and the lipstick. I didn't exclude these features on purpose, but I did try to change and make this look better. I did this by avoiding a wing and making the colours deeper and more smokey so that it was a more dramatic smokey eye (and I ALWAYS mess up my eyeliner so I didn't fancy that stress).
OLD look...
NEW and improved look...
PRODUCTS:
FACE:
(after moisturiser) Benefit Porefessional primer / Sleek Barekissed Illuminator / Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation / Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer / MUA Cover & Conceal concealer / Rimmel Stay Matte powder / MUA Skin Definer Matte Powder / MUFE Pro Bronze Fusion / Benefit Hoola bronzer / Sleek Makeup contour kit / Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 palette / Sleek Makeup Solstice highlighter
EYES:
Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave eyeshadow palette using the nude matte shade (top line, second from left), and a mix of both dark matte purple shades (third row, third from right & forth row, third in from right) / lightest shimmer shadow (second row, first shadow on left) Rimmel Scandal Eyes black liner
BROWS:
LIPS:
STEPS:
As you would have noticed from my video, I did have the rest of my makeup on whilst doing this eye look and that was because I was confident doing it and I knew I wasn't doing a winged liner so there wasn't going to be anything (hopefully) to clean up.
ONE
I primed my eyes using the (Rimmel) concealer and set it with the (Rimmel) compact powder.
TWO
Then I went straight into my crease with the nude matte shade and built this up generously so that there would eventually be a transition from the nude/pink to purple.
THREE
After this was generously placed, I started placing the mixed purple shade. You can see from the video that I was packing the purple on and then blending it out. I like doing this because then the colour goes exactly where I want it to! I blended this colour in the outer third of my eye, bringing it onto my lid ever so slightly and also winging it out so that it was in a blown out, cat eye shape.
FOUR
I just kept building and blending this colour, making sure that once most of the product had been blended into the outer corner (and not as much was on my brush) I would bring it across my crease towards the inner corner. This way when we added the shimmer and made it a (subtle) cut crease, the dark colour in the crease in the inner corner would make the shimmer pop even more.
FIVE
Once the purple was blended and I was completely happy with it, I added the shimmer onto my lid. You could cut the crease with concealer to make it a more dramatic cut crease and this would also make the shimmer pop more, but as this was a subtle cut crease I just applied the shimmer directly onto my lid (without concealer). As you will see in the video, I used my finger because this allowed me to pack on the colour and then I used my define brush to make sure the product was in the right place.
SIX
I added a thin line of liner, trying to stay as close to my upper lash line as possible so that it would help blend my falsies to my natural lashes. I also applied the transition colour underneath my eye, connecting the cat eye/ winged shadow to the bottom lash line. I then made the outer corner of my bottom lash line darker with the mixed purple shades and added mascara.
SEVEN
Lashes time! I then applied some Sleek highlighter into my inner corners and coated my lashes and the falsies with mascara to help blend.
& WE'RE DONE
This makeup look is super simple to create and I think it would look really cool in other colours too. Anyone can do this look, I mean, I'm not exactly a professional! I think it's a great look for someone who isn't confident with their liner, like me, as you don't need one with this look yet it looks just as dramatic!
I hope you enjoyed this post guys and found these steps easy to follow. Let me know in the comments below or on my other social media posts what you thought of this look and what you would do to improve it/ change it. I love hearing comments and suggestions!
As always you can find me on:
Instagram: @maeve_jarret
Twitter: @MaevesFashion
Snapchat: maeve.x
Maeve xox





No comments:
Post a Comment