Happy Monday lovelies!
Today I wanted to talk about finding new brands because I've been wanting to change my website searches and discover new clothes in new places. My current 'go-to' sites include Missguided and Boohoo for obvious reasons (they're super affordable and always have the latest fashion), while my 'go-to' stores include Primark and Zara which are also great because Primark has the best basics at the cheapest prices and I love Zara because I can always find a bargain in there. However, I want to shop in new places!
This does not mean I won't be shopping in these four places anymore, because trust me, I WILL be. I am just trying to explore the world of fashion website's. So if you'd like to join me on this journey then keep reading!
So I have been thinking about these sites for a few weeks now so that I had a good idea of what to share with you guys. It involves known sites, but ones that I haven't personally shopped a lot on before, so I do apologise if you think these sites aren't 'new' - let me know down below if you shop regularly on these sites!
My top six sites that I want to shop from more are, and I've also included the reasons as to why I haven't shopped on them yet:
My top six sites that I want to shop from more are, and I've also included the reasons as to why I haven't shopped on them yet:
1. FASHIONNOVA

The main reason I haven't shopped from Fashion Nova before is the obvious one: it is an American site, therefore I don't know whether they charge custom fees or anything like that. Let me know if they do or don't charge these extra fees (if you know) down below. That is really the only reason I haven't shopped here before, but we've all seen this site become more and more popular recently haven't we? They're all over Instagram at the minute. I would love to try their jeans!

The main reason I haven't shopped from Fashion Nova before is the obvious one: it is an American site, therefore I don't know whether they charge custom fees or anything like that. Let me know if they do or don't charge these extra fees (if you know) down below. That is really the only reason I haven't shopped here before, but we've all seen this site become more and more popular recently haven't we? They're all over Instagram at the minute. I would love to try their jeans!
2. PULL & BEAR
I think this site is underrated. You may have seen from my recent purchases on Instagram that I have been shopping here a few times and each time I have got great bargains! This shop gives me such Zara vibes, so maybe that's why I love it so much? I think this shop needs to be noticed more by people for sure, and it's somewhere I am going to be shopping at regularly.
3. MISSY EMPIRE
Is a shop that I have never really paid much attention too, which sounds mean, but I think it's because (I think) it's so similar to Miss Pap - is that just me? Plus when I've searched quickly on their site I just haven't found what I wanted and I thought some items were overpriced. But, maybe that's just me. I will give it another go though.
4. INSTAKICKS
If I'm honest, this shop just makes me cry. They sell the most beautiful trainers, including my faves: Adidas NMD's which unfortunately I cannot treat myself too (yet). So yes, I avoid this shop at all costs until I can actually buy some for myself. I only really noticed them because Sarah Ashcroft seems to shop with them frequently, so that made me look at their site. I just wish I could buy them all! Maybe one day?
5. AMOUR LONDON
A site I recently came across because they were nice enough to contact me and give me a discount code for you guys! The code is 'Maeve10' which you can use on your purchases. Admittedly, I am yet to purchase clothes from their site myself, however I will do that soon and let you know how the clothes are (quality wise). So stay posted on my Instagram because the pictures are most likely to be up on there first. When I was first given this code I wrote a blog post about the brand and my fave pieces, you can view that here.
6. NORA NYC
A site I came across on Instagram (again) as they were kind enough to comment on my photo and invite me to become an affiliate. As you can see from their website home screen, you can actually apply to become an affiliate with them by clicking on the 'Become An Affiliate' tab which I think is great for a brand to do because then it gives smaller bloggers, youtubers and influencers a chance to get some 'air time'. Plus, they sell gorgeous sunglasses for men and women so it's a win win site for everyone really - become an affiliate and get gorgeous sunnies? Don't mind if I do!
''HOW DO YOU FIND BRANDS?''
As you may have guessed from these brands, I found them on social media. Social media is EVERYTHING to everyone at the minute, isn't it really? People are constantly on their phones watching memes, youtube videos, liking Instagram photos and posting their own content online so it's really the best place to start.
I also take a high interest in what the people I follow like, which is an obvious one because that is what influencers do. I am highly inspired by Sarah Ashcroft, (if you couldn't already tell) so when she posts about of a brand that I haven't heard of before I pretty much always click on the brand and look at the site for myself.
So my advice to finding new brands would be to do just that; take note of where your favourite influencers are shopping and look there! You aren't copying them, you're just taking an interest. Plus, you will buy different things to her/him, and well if you don't then you're likely to style it differently anyway. Either way, influencers are their to help inspire you and share their likes (and dislikes) with you so they're the best people to go to for first hand fashion or brand advice. At least, that's what I think!
Let me know if you found this post helpful guys, I just wanted to share with you my thoughts of new/unfamiliar brands and how I go about finding them so that I can keep updating my wardrobe. You can catch me on here or on my other socials:
Instagram: @maeve_jarret
Twitter: @MaevesFashion






No comments:
Post a Comment