13/04/2016

Developing The Blog

Hey guys!

So recently I have been creating articles and pieces of writing for my university portfolio that I show at the interviews so the interviewees have an idea of how I write. I was asked to create 12 pieces of writing in the form of a portfolio for my very first university interview at UCA, which I initially thought would be a struggle and that I couldn't complete them in time, however I actually had lots of fun writing the pieces especially selecting the topics that I was going to write about. I was very worried and got my writing checked by a tutor at college,on many occasions, so don't think that I found it easy at all - because I didn't! However, when you have written 6 pieces in a row, back to back, the feeling of how to write begins to flow quite naturally. This is an aspect that I hope I will begin to learn and develop fluently considering I want to be a journalist! It might just help! 




This is the portfolio book I used, is from Staples in Penzance.

The reason I am mentioning this to you guys on here is because a lot of the time at these interviews, and actually at the most recent one (at Conde Nast College of Fashion& Design), i have been asked whether these pieces were written for my blog. And it wasn't until I heard this for the first time at UCA that I began to debate whether or not it was a good idea - obviously it is! If I want to be a journalist then I need to get as many people to read and respond to my writing as possible in order to get feedback and develop, and where's the best place to do that? 

Online! *round of applause* Well done for figuring that one out quickly, Maeve!

SO yes! I have decided to begin posting articles, starting off with the ones that I have already written for my portfolio. Now *thinks to self*, I am trying to decide what the best way of doing this is, I feel like it could be a weekly thing - posting an article each week about the latest trends and things that are going on in the fashion world. 

If you have any suggestions please leave them below, I'd love to know what your ideas are!

Saying that, I would firstly love to know how to add an extra tab to my blog as that is where I want to post these articles! Time is quickly running out as I have now literally just decided that I want to make these weekly article posts on a Wednesday as this is the day I have most of my spare time... AH HELP GUYS!

Leave any comments/suggestions/ideas and advice that you have, if you have any, below please so that I can get this weekly mission up and running. Thanks!

Maeve xox

No comments:

Post a Comment