So after my interview at the Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design in Soho, London me and my partner thought we'd make a day of it. We hopped on the tube (this was Thomas' first time on a tube, "how!?" I asked the same question!) for our second tube trip of the day towards South Kensington for the National History Museum.
As you can see from the first photo below, it was such a beautiful day - after the masses of rain that hit earlier on in the day, typically before my interview so I looked nice and damp - the building just looked so gorgeous! It was huge!
Did I mention this was my first trip to the museum? Well yes it was, hence my reactions.
Considering this, did you know this was where they filmed Night at the Museum? I know how cool is that!
Anyway it was so cool inside, full of so many different animals; mammals, reptiles, fish, there were a lot (to be honest I can't remember the different types of animals?)... Not forgetting the dinosaurs! Oh my god these were so amazing to see, to see what their bones were like, the shape and sizes. It was mind blowing honestly, I loved it so much more than I thought I ever would love a museum!
The other major things that I loved were the diamonds...WOW! It was so interesting reading about the types of diamonds, all of the gem stones and rocks and... stuff. Just the stuff. I don't know the exact, technical names, but the most important thing was that I enjoyed learning about them - it is definitely not the usual stuff I would enjoy learning about. It was such a great day, I can't stress that enough.
How realistic do these animal figures look? I've seen lion's in real life - wow - they were such beautiful, but frightening animals. I had such a brilliant day with Thomas and seeing all the different animals, learning about the history (haha, obviously!) and actually doing something educational with a day free in London - that's instead of shopping. Yes I'm shocked too.
Hope you enjoyed this post and like the look of the pictures, if so make sure you hit up the National History Museum! It was awesome!
Maeve xox
No comments:
Post a Comment