I literally must have been smiling whilst reading it on the train last weekend because, even into the 5/6th chapter, the story is so interesting and humorous - I just want to watch her life in video now to actually see it in reality! Haha!
The fact that I am only about half way (actually I'm probably only 1/3 the way through) shows how good it is; I would definitely recommend it. Although, I do think that it give a slight impression oh how getting into the fashion industry is easy which we all know is definitely not the case, especially nowadays! However, at the same time that then highlights the difference between now (2016) and then (1985).
I think the way Kirstie writes is very descriptive, therefore I was visually imagining the scenes; what she was doing; what the people around her were wearing; I was imaging all the places that she visited in the story, and it all just made me envy her success. The adventures that would occur because she simply asked to tag along, and I think that this cheeky quality Kirstie obtains helped her achieve a lot of the successes.
Further on, the book gets very thrilling as she describes the lunches, flights, trips, events, meetings, people, events, models and more flights that she is taking in order to attend business events...''oh how hard that life must be'' you say! May be so, but I think it is so satisfyingly interesting to find out how other people have 'made it'! As this gives me ideas on how I might be able to do just the same!
Kirstie's career only moved upwards after she first applied for the receptionist job at Vogue, I bet that she didn't think that in a mere 10 years or less she would be achieving the things that she has! If anyone is to be a role model, then I think that Kirstie reaches that status.
I can imagine that in the modern industry things do not run as smoothly; both when applying for the jobs and succeeding at them! After all if it was, we could all be editor-in-chief's of Vogue.
I hope that this book continues to be just as good and has a brilliant ending because I hate a book that starts off great, and just drifts off into nothing with either a cliff-hanger ending or...just has a bad ending. That's a big no-no for me. Also, I hope you found this review (of 1/3 of the book) interesting and decide to pick yourselves up a copy!
Maeve xox
No comments:
Post a Comment