18/05/2016

The White Shirt Edition

Hey guys, I feel like I have been away for ages - it's definitely exam season! It just takes over your life and all of your spare time is suddenly gone or filled up with books and writing and more books and more writing, I hate it.

Yes, that's why I've chosen to go to university! Good one Maeve...

Anyway, this post is all about that statement white shirt; that easy going, easy to throw on white shirt that just seems to compliment everything, am I right?

I wore my White Newlook Shirt yesterday over a stripey vest (Newlook) and black high-waisted jeans (Zara). It would have been just as easy to throw a denim jacket over the top, but for a lighter feel it was just as simple to wear a white shirt. I think that is one of the many bonus' of a white shirt; they're so so simple to style and this is what makes them a must have for summer. Every summer.







I wore my beautiful Rose Gold Office Sliders with this outfit yesterday, I love them so much! I bought them from Selfridges in London when I was there last June for my work experience week with Fabulous Mag, do you remember? It was such an amazing week! However, the colour has come off in a really awkward circle on one of the straps, if anyone knows how I can repair this PLEASE GET IN TOUCH! I am desperate to fix them, they're my fave summer shoes!:(

Anyway, if you follow me on Instagram (if you don't, search @maeve_jarret and you'll find me), you would have seen that this shirt is new and I have only actually worn it a few times, but this does not mean to say its useless. As I keep reminding you, it is a very easy and quick item to style.

Recently after purchasing it, I wore it with my denim A-line skirt from Primark and a black high neck crop top (Miss Selfridge) and some sandals (below).




This look was very summery, yes I know what you're thinking - 'Was it actually sunny in Cornwall!?'  Haha. Well I guess it must have been. This just shows how versatile these shirts are because they can be worn in summer, spring, autumn and winter! What's better than a versatile piece of clothing?

I bought my shirt from Newlook in the petite section. I would usually purchase a size 8/10, but this time I chose a size 12 for that extra oversized-look. I have linked it for you guys.

There are many other brands that you can go for, here are a few others that I love:









All of the shirts above, I think, are such affordable prices and will ensure that we nail this style perfectly! Which one will you buy??

Maeve xox

No comments:

Post a Comment