23/10/2016

A Day in London | What We Did

What an exciting day! We had such a great adventure that I cannot wait to share with you. Thomas and I went to Camden in London yesterday, for the first time, and it was so much fun! The sites are beautiful, everything is so different and, I think, quite authentic with the way the streets are designed to each individual building, for example, the Vans shop had giant trainers/shoes on the wall - you would never see this on a high street shop.

We went, quite unprepared now that I look back on the day, but that made it so much more exciting and adventurous - because we had no idea where we were going. Taking our first train - from Kingston - to London Waterloo and then going from there. The disasters began as we left Waterloo as we chose to then take the bus to Tottenham Court Road. ''Simple?'' You would have thought so,  but we ended up walking 5 minutes down the road, back up that same road, taking a left and then back on ourselves again until we eventually headed up the street to find the bus stop we actually needed. Only to realise that we didn't even know what bus we needed! Haha...

Honestly, if you're planning a day of adventure in London just make sure you know where you may be going and via what transport!

After all of this kerfuffle, we ended up at Tottenham Court Road and took the tube to Camden Town and finally reached our destination: Camden Market.

Below are lots of pictures from the day! Featuring the classic 'Camden Lock' sign that I'm sure you would have seen before! I actually learnt a lot from the day too, one being what a 'lock' was as we were able to watch it actually happen... don't laugh if you already knew what it was...
























We were walking around for hours and looking at such diverse stalls that sold the most amazing foods, jewellery, t-shirts, bags, jumpers - oh just so much stuff!

If you enjoy walking around for hours, looking at stalls, admiring the views and not actually spending money - because that is also quite fun - I would definitely recommend heading over to Camden Market for the day.

I cannot wait to adventure into more of London and explore what else it has to offer!

Let me know what you guys get up to!

Maeve xox

No comments:

Post a Comment