Held on Saturday 29th October 2016 at Flambards, Helston. Every year it has a specific theme and this year it was 'Coney Island - Freaks, Geeks and Human Marvels' therefore I dressed up as a Fortune Teller.
Before we start with the details: choosing photos to include on this post was actually a challenge in itself, making sure I was actually showing you guys my outfit and makeup rather than just (slightly drunken) photos of me and my friends having lots of fun! So I want to apologise quickly for not having the best photos ever, but they still worked. Have a scroll through them and see if you can guess what my friends dressed up as! And to find my actual thoughts and feelings on the ball.
Fortune Teller Outfit Details (above):
Dress: Boohoo Bardot Dress
Shoes (not shown): black Nike Air Max trainers
Head dress: Belly dancer skirt
Jewellery: Primark gold bangles, peal necklace, black velvet cross chocker, 2 x pack of gold rings
Makeup:
ALL items shown in this blog post were used again to create the same look. You may be able to tell the slight differences that occurred whilst recreating this look, for example my eyes were a lot darker for the real night than they were on my practice run, but it's ok, I worked with it! Click the link I have provided to see what products I used and where.
The Event
WAS SO AMAZING!
It definitely lived up to expectations, and if you are considering going for the first time make sure that it is the October event because it was so unbelievably good! I have seen mixed reviews on their Facebook page - that you can find here - but maybe that is because those people have been to other similar Halloween events, or because they preferred the summer Masked Ball, or maybe just because they truly didn't enjoy it. Either way, that doesn't matter to me because I honestly loved it and cannot wait until Halloween Masked Ball 2017.
I will say that £50 for a ticket is very pricey, especially for what you get. For example, drinks are highly priced which I do not understand because pricing £50 for a ticket is high, so why charge so much for drinks? Likewise, the food that they offered from very few burger&chips vans was extortionately high! I mean, £4.00 for a small portion of cheesy chips - to me - is crAzy! With a capital A! But I guess it's because they can, and people buy it - like I may have done...
Apart from the price of things inside the event, if you're happy, have already had enough to eat and drink by the time you get there then nothing should ruin your night!
The Summer Masked Ball tickets are currently on sale if you are debating whether or not to go, or if you know that you are going! Click here for the tickets page.
Once again, I just want to say what an amazing time I had at the event with all of my friends! And thanks to them for making it the BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.
Maeve xox

No comments:
Post a Comment