Hey guys, it's time for my Adore Me Mood Board #2!
Today we are looking at date nights and what my go-to's for a date night are. I have recently been ice skating with Thomas at Hampton Court Palace for our weekly date night, and it was lush. We had loads of fun, although actually getting there was harder than we expected - or at least we made it much harder than it needed to be - however, once the session started we knew that we'd chosen a good activity for that week's date night.
This mood board, like the others, are based on my own preferences but I want to try and make this as versatile and as easy to follow as possible for anyone going on date nights. Whether its with your boyfriend/girlfriend or a blind date, these looks and ideas can be easily adjusted to any situation.
Firstly, to pick the outfit...
So in order to pick the right underwear that will sit correctly underneath your chosen outfit, you need to choose your outfit. It will highly depend on the date that you are about to go on, so for example when I went ice skating I thought practically. I needed jeans - in case I fell over - and a thick jumper and jacket to keep my warm. I also made sure that I remembered a scarf and hat so that I was extra cosy on the ice. This idea is displayed on the left hand side, above.
However, if you are going for a meal or to the cinema you may want to dress up a little bit more. So on the right, I have chosen more detailed, dressy pieces that could create several combinations. For example, you could pair the Black Mesh Top with black coated skinny jeans and the Leopard Flare Boots for an extra pop of colour and detail. Or, you could pair the Garden Embroidery Topshop Jeans with a plain white shirt and the Office Lovestruck Boots.
Both of which you would need to incorporate a jacket with because of the winter weather, so for example, over your black top and black jeans combo you could (quite obviously) throw the Topshop Faux Leather Biker Jacket on top. Thus, for your colourful jeans and white shirt combo you could pair the Shearling Coat as it would match your brown Office boots.
Next, onto the undies...
Whereas, if you are going for a meal for your date night and decide to wear a nice mesh top (like above) or any plunge neckline top, it would be nice to wear a prettier bra, such as the sets on the right hand side. I usually go for unlined lace bras (bottom right) when I am wearing pretty mesh or lace tops because it adds that extra bit of detail, and sexiness to your outfit. The top right bra set has lace detailing on the back so this bra would be perfect to wear under a backless mesh top, or even backless dress if you can't go without one.
Finally, the sets in the middle are much more basic bras, they don't have masses of detail or any extra support (racerback straps); they're just everyday bras. These can be just as helpful on a date because if you decide to wear a white shirt you will need a plain nude or white bra underneath as you wouldn't want anything with extra lace or detailing that could show through. Plus, everyone needs a good black bra; they're always handy!
So, that brings us to the end of my Adore Me Mood Board #2, I hope you liked it and found it inspirational! It was fun to think about what underwear I actually go for and when, because when I'm getting ready for a normal day I don't think too much into what type of bra I'm wearing. Plus, it's much nicer to put extra effort into your date night underwear rather than your day-to-day underwear, isn't it?
Remember stay tuned for my Adore Me Mood Board #3.
* Instagram: @maeve_jarret
Twitter: @MaevesFashion
Tumblr: maevesfashionstuff *
Maeve xox


No comments:
Post a Comment